Expand your horizons and build your SUP skills in our Ocean SUP Trip. This trip meets at Fort Point Channel in South Boston and ventures into Boston Harbor for wind, waves, and views.
At the start of the trip, your guide will discuss the planning and gear necessary for your own open water SUP adventures. Once on the water, using the protection of the Fort Point Channel, we will focus on paddle stroke efficiency and ways to prevent yourself from falling off your board.
Once we pass the new Tea Party Museum and enter the harbor, you will learn how to deal with the effects of wind and waves, and proper etiquette and safety tips for paddling among other boaters. Depending on the weather, the group may make it as far north as the U.S.S. Constitution before returning to Fort Point Channel.
Regardless of the conditions or the distance paddled, the harbor is a great place to learn and practice open-water SUP skills. This trip is best suited for those paddlers who have taken our SUP 2 class
, or have equivalent experience, and are able to paddle 5 to 7 miles an outing.
Three-Hour SUP Ocean Trip
meets at Fort Point Pier
, a T-accessible location off Summer Street in South Boston.
$99 for an Adult age 16 and up, including three hours of instruction and SUP rental.
Formal Intermediate Instruction Required
Students who have not participated in our SUP Level 2
must have previous intermediate-level SUP instruction before participating in our SUP Ocean Trip from Fort Point Channel.
If you have had no formal training and have questions about the pre-requisites for our SUP Ocean Trip from Fort Point Channel, please contact us
Paddle 5–7 Miles in an Outing
Students participating in our SUP Ocean Trip from Fort Point Channel must be able to paddle 5–7 miles in an outing. For most people, spending more time kayaking will help them increase their endurance so they can fulfill this requirement. For a quick and easy way to spend more time on the water, visit one of our rental locations
! If you have questions, please contact us
Registration & Cancellation Policies for Paddling Classes and Trips
- Full payment is due upon registration for a class, clinic, or trip.
- For cancellations received 7 days or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 7 days before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Classes, clinics, and trips always run unless the weather is extreme.
- A minimum number of registrants is required for any event to run. If we cancel an event due to low enrollment, we will provide a full refund.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability. To save time, you can download this waiver and bring it with you.
Pre-Requisites & Requirements. Before signing up, you must have:
Formal intermediate SUP instruction, like our SUP Level 2 or equivalent. Ability to paddle 5–7 miles in an outing.
No Dates Are Currently Scheduled