Boston Harbor Tours
from Fort Point Channel
Fort Point Channel is a happening place, and you can experience that excitement on our Harbor Kayak Tour from Fort Point Channel! Get the best skyline view in Boston,
see landmarks like Rowe's Wharf (at right) and the U.S.S. Constitution, and follow up your tour with a meal at one of the area's amazing restaurants. This two-hour tour is designed for paddlers of any level.
Our tour will begin with a quick introduction to kayak strokes, then we'll launch our double kayaks and begin our paddle past the Boston Tea Party replica ship Beaver and toward the Harbor. After passing under the old Northern Ave swing bridge, the panorama opens up, with the skyscrapers of Rowe's Wharf to our left, the distinctive Moakley Courthouse to our right, and East Boston across the Harbor.
We'll paddle north along the waterfront, passing the New England Aquarium on the way to Charlestown Navy Yard to view the U.S.S. Constitution, U.S.S. Cassin Young, and other ships berthed there.
As we return to Fort Point Channel, we'll see historic sites like Old North Church and learn about the history of the area and the role the Harbor has played in Boston's development. Even if you've lived here your whole life, you'll learn something new, funny, and exciting.
Two-Hour Fort Point Channel Harbor Tour
meets at Fort Point Pier
, a T-accessible location off Summer Street in South Boston.
$75 for an Adult, including two hours of guiding and kayak rental.
$65 for a Child ages 8 to 15. Each child must be accompanied by one adult.
Registration & Cancellation Policies for Paddling Tours
- Full payment is due upon registration for a tour.
- For cancellations received 7 days or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 7 days before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Tours may be cancelled due to inclement weather at our option, with a full refund given. No refunds will be offered if we decide to hold the tour.
- A minimum number of registrants is required for any event to run. If we cancel a tour due to low enrollment, we will provide a full refund.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability. To save time, you can download this waiver and bring it with you.
No Dates Are Currently Scheduled
Create your own private tour for an unforgettable group or corporate outing!
Stand-Up Paddleboard Custom Tours
Ride the wave of SUP with a custom tour from Fort Point Channel! We are happy to arrange custom tours for groups of 10 or more.
Our SUP tour is designed for people who have never SUPped before and begins with a quick instructional session to get your group standing up on the water. We'll explore Fort Point Channel, including the Tea Party Ship Beaver, then poke our heads out into Boston Harbor to enjoy the best view of Boston's skyline. Your guide will entertain you with tales of Boston history.
Fort Point Pier Small-Boat Access
P&G Gillette has graciously provided a wonderful dock in the heart of downtown Boston: Fort Point Pier. Our Fort Point Channel Harbor Tours start and end at this dock.
If you have your own kayak or SUP, you may launch or land your boat here. There is ample reasonably priced parking adjacent to the dock. Learn more at FortPointPier.com