Registration & Cancellation Policies for Ice Skating Classes
- Full payment is due upon registration for a class.
- For cancellations received 7 days or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 7 days before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Skating classes may be rescheduled due to inclement weather at our option. If you cannot make the rescheduled time, we will attempt to find a makeup class or offer a full refund. No refunds will be offered if we decide to hold the class.
- A minimum number of registrants is required for any event to run. If we cancel an event due to low enrollment, we will provide a full refund.
This Course Meets for Multiple Sessions
This course is a series of five classes. The classes meet on the same day and time for five consecutive weeks (e.g. five Wednesdays in a row), though classes will skip the following dates for 2013-2014: Dec. 22-27, Jan. 1, or Feb. 15-21. The date and time of the 1st class only is indicated in your reservation. You can view a complete schedule of class dates
Directions and Check-In
Your class will meet at Community Ice Skating @Kendall, located at 300 Athenaeum Street in Cambridge. Our web page includes a map and directions
Please check in at the front desk inside the pavilion when you arrive for your class.
Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin if you will be renting equipment, or 5-10 minutes otherwise.
Skates and Skate Rentals
Any pair of figure skates or hockey skates will work. If you do not own skates, rentals of figure skates or hockey skates are available. Simply choose the appropriate Skate Rental add-on during the reservation process. Rentals and admission passes are good for the entire day.
All participants who rent equipment (or a parent/guardian, if the participant is under 18) will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability before renting equipment.
What To Wear and Bring
Clothes for ice skating should offer protection from the cold, wind, and snow/ice (yes, you are likely to fall a time or two).
- Base & Insulating Layers: Wear several thin layers of wool or synthetic clothing (fleece, running tops and/or tights, polypro outdoor apparel, etc.) that can be easily added or removed.
- Top Layer: Wind- and water-resistant jackets and pants are highly recommended.
- Hat and Gloves are required.
- On Your Feet: Wool/Smartwool socks are best.
- Avoid cotton clothing (jeans, most T-shirts) as it will not keep you dry or warm.
Because our ice rink is refrigerated, we are capable of holding classes in almost any weather, though we do not hold classes in steady rain. Please call Community Ice Skating @Kendall if you have any question as to whether classes will be held. No refunds will be granted for missed classes.
Community Ice Skating @Kendall reserves the right to cancel classes due to unsafe weather conditions and will make final decisions two hours before the start time of the event.