Registration & Cancellation Policies for Special Rental Events
- Full payment is due upon registration for your rental.
- For cancellations received 7 days or more before your scheduled event, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received less than 7 days before your scheduled event, we are unable to offer any refunds, except when due to inclement weather (see below).
- Cancellations due to inclement weather must be made by contacting our Newton Office at (617) 965-5110 before 5pm the night before your scheduled event. For such cancellations we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee, or a full credit to be used for any activity, rental, or merchandise.
- A minimum number of registrants is required for any event to run. If we cancel an event due to low enrollment, we will provide a full refund.
Release and Waiver of Liability -- Complete Before Arrival
Please read the release over carefully and give us a call or e-mail if you have any questions.
Directions and Check-In
Your event will be held at Mystic Lakes Dam in Medford, Mass., next to the Tufts Sailing Boathouse just off the Mystic Valley Parkway. You can download a map and driving directions
from Google Maps.
Check in at the Charles River Canoe & Kayak van when you arrive.
What Is Included
Included with the rental of each boat are life jackets and paddles for each paddler.
What To Wear and Bring
On warm days in the middle of the summer, you will probably be comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt. Bring a fleece, sweatshirt, or sweater in case you become chilled (especially if it's an evening tour), and a windbreaker in case it's breezy. Bug repellent is also a good idea.
If it's cooler, you will want clothing you can layer for warmth, including a top layer that will protect you from the wind. Jeans, sweatshirts, fleece sweaters, windbreakers or light parkas are good layering options. If it is very cool or windy, gloves and a hat are also a good idea.
If you wear glasses, a retaining strap is a good idea. Retaining straps can be purchased at our Waltham Shop or at many sporting goods stores.
Bring drinking water (very important on warm days and longer tours) and snacks to take with you on the water.
For more information on cancellations due to weather, please read our cancellation policy above. If heavy rain or thunderstorms are in the forecast, we may cancel the event. Cancellation decisions are made 2 hours before the event is scheduled to begin, and we will contact all customers via phone and e-mail if we do cancel the event.
Cell Phones and Smoking
Charles River Canoe & Kayak operates all of our events in a smoke-free environment. We also ask that all of our participants refrain from cell phone use during their event. Your cooperation is appreciated and will contribute to the comfort of all our guests.