Registration & Cancellation Policies for Skiing Classes
- Full payment is due upon registration for a class.
- For cancellations received 48 hours or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 48 hours before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Ski classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather, with a full refund given. No refunds will be offered if we decide to hold the class.
Please read these rules closely and thank you for your patience as we work to accommodate changing state regulations and protocols to keep you and our staff safe this Winter.
- All adults and kids over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask at all times while on and off the snow.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- The building will be closed except for the restrooms. Please be dressed and prepared to ski when you leave your car. Lesson check in and ski rentals will all take place outside.
- Skiing will be by reservation only. By booking a lesson, your trail pass is included in the reservation. If there are other members of your party that also want to ski at the same time, you must reserve a trail pass for that time directly with the DCR (availability may be limited).
- If we have to cancel your lesson due to inclement weather or unforeseen Covid-19 restrictions, we will do our best to reschedule, however this may not be possible. In which case you will be issued a full refund.
- Please be prepared to show your lesson confirmation on your phone or printed in advance when you check in at the parking lot.
FOR KIDS LESSONS
- Parents who wish to view their children must stay in the designated viewing area.
- Our age restrictions are non-negotiable. If you sign your child up for a lesson and they do not fall within the age requirement, they will not be able to participate or be eligible for a refund.
- Kinder Privates: This lesson is only for one child age 5 years old. If your child is under the age of 5 or you bring additional kids, we will cancel your lesson without a refund. Due to Covid-19, our lessons are all contact free and younger kids need hands on help that we cannot provide at this time.
Directions and Check-In
Your class will meet at Weston Ski Track, located on the Leo J. Martin Golf Course at 190 Park Road in Weston. Our web page includes a map and directions
Please complete a rental form (if necessary) and then check in at the front desk when you arrive for your class.
Plan to arrive 20 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin if you will be renting equipment, or 5-10 minutes otherwise.
Skis and Ski Rentals
Any set of classic cross-country skis and boots will work. If you do not own skis, or you're not sure if your skis are the right size for you or need turning, rentals of skis, boots, and poles are available. Simply choose the appropriate Ski Rental add-on during the reservation process. Rentals and trail passes are good for the entire day.
All participants who rent equipment (or a parent/guardian, if the participant is under 18) will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability before renting equipment. Please read it over and give us a call or e-mail if you have any questions. View/download the release here
. There is no need to sign the release in advance of your class.
What To Wear and Bring
Cross-country ski clothes should offer protection from the cold, wind, and snow (even if it’s not snowing, you are likely to fall a time or two). The challenge in cross-country skiing is to stay warm without over-dressing.
- Base & Insulating Layers: Wear several thin layers of wool or synthetic clothing (fleece, running tops and/or tights, polypro outdoor apparel, etc.) that can be easily added or removed.
- Top Layer: Wind- and water-resistant jackets and pants are highly recommended.
- Hat and Gloves are required.
- On Your Feet: Wool/Smartwool socks are best.
- Avoid cotton clothing (jeans, most T-shirts) as it will not keep you dry or warm.
- Don't overdress – sweating doesn’t help you stay warm.
Weather and Snowmaking (Yes, We Make Snow!)
Because we make our own snow, we are capable of holding classes in almost any weather. Rarely are classes cancelled due to a lack of snow, though we do not hold classes in steady rain. Please call Weston Ski Track if you have any question as to whether classes will be held. No refunds will be granted for missed classes.
Weston Ski Track reserves the right to cancel classes due to unsafe weather conditions and will make final decisions two hours before the start time of the event.