Registration & Cancellation Policies for Skiing Classes
- Full payment is due upon registration for a class.
- For cancellations received 48 hours or more before your scheduled activity, we will issue a refund less a 10% registration fee.
- For cancellations received fewer than 48 hours before your scheduled activity, we are unable to offer any refunds.
- Ski classes may be cancelled due to inclement weather, with a full refund given. No refunds will be offered if we decide to hold the class.
Directions and Check-In
Your class will meet at Weston Ski Track, located on the Leo J. Martin Golf Course at 190 Park Road in Weston. Our web page includes a map and directions
Please complete a rental form (if necessary) and then check in at the front desk when you arrive for your class.
On weekends with natural snow: Because we often utilize other parking areas with shuttle buses on busy weekends, plan to arrive 45 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin if you will be renting equipment, or 20 minutes otherwise.
At other times: Plan to arrive 20 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin if you will be renting equipment, or 5-10 minutes otherwise.
This Course Meets for Multiple Sessions
This course is a series of five classes. The classes meet on the same day and time for five consecutive weeks (e.g. five Tuesdays in a row), with the exception of national holidays (like Martin Luther King Day) and school vacation periods (like Christmas or President's Week). The date and time of the 1st class only is indicated in your reservation.
Skis and Ski Rentals
Any set of cross-country skis and boots will work, though recent technology has produced skis that are far more user-friendly than older models. If you do not own skis, or if you would like to try the latest skiing equipment, rentals of skis, boots, and poles are available. Simply choose the appropriate Ski Rental add-on during the reservation process. Rentals and trail passes are good for the entire day.
All participants who rent equipment (or a parent/guardian, if the participant is under 18) will be required to sign a waiver and release of liability before renting equipment. Please read it over and give us a call or e-mail if you have any questions. View/download the release here
. There is no need to sign the release in advance of your class.
What To Wear and Bring
Cross-country ski clothes should offer protection from the cold, wind, and snow (even if it’s not snowing, you are likely to fall a time or two). The challenge in cross-country skiing is to stay warm without over-dressing.
- Base & Insulating Layers: Wear several thin layers of wool or synthetic clothing (fleece, running tops and/or tights, polypro outdoor apparel, etc.) that can be easily added or removed.
- Top Layer: Wind- and water-resistant jackets and pants are highly recommended.
- Hat and Gloves are required.
- On Your Feet: Wool/Smartwool socks are best.
- Avoid cotton clothing (jeans, most T-shirts) as it will not keep you dry or warm.
- Don't overdress – sweating doesn’t help you stay warm.
Weather and Snowmaking (Yes, We Make Snow!)
Because we make our own snow, we are capable of holding classes in almost any weather. Rarely are classes cancelled due to a lack of snow, though we do not hold classes in steady rain. Please call Weston Ski Track if you have any question as to whether classes will be held. No refunds will be granted for missed classes.
Weston Ski Track reserves the right to cancel classes due to unsafe weather conditions and will make final decisions two hours before the start time of the event.