Registration & Cancellation Policies for Mystic Fireworks
Registration & Cancellation Policies for Mystic Riverfest Fireworks
- Reservations are required.
- Rates shown do not include applicable Sales Tax.
- Rentals includes a paddle and life jacket for each paddler.
- Renters must bring a flashlight to have on board each boat. If you do not bring a flashlight, we will have a limited number available for purchase. In addition, we will provide a continuously lit white light to mount on your boat to satisfy State Police requirements.
- Bring a photo I.D. when you pick up your boat.
- During the reservation process, you will request a preferred pickup time. This time is subject to change and not guaranteed until we confirm it with you.
- All rentals require the deposit indicated below. Your credit card number is considered to be your deposit, but we do not charge or put a hold on your card unless the boat is stolen or damaged. Renters are responsible for all damage beyond normal wear and tear, including deep scratches, chips, and gouges through the boat's finish.
- The rental charge will be refunded, less a 10% administrative fee, if you cancel your rental by 5pm on September 2nd. After this date, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- In the event that the fireworks are cancelled due to weather before you pick up your boat, we will refund the rental fee, less a 10% administrative fee. If the fireworks are cancelled after you pick up your boat, the rental fee is non-refundable.
- Each participant will be required to sign a waiver of liability. To save time, you can download this waiver and bring it with you.
Release and Waiver of Liability -- Complete Before Arrival
Please read the release over carefully and give us a call or e-mail if you have any questions.
Boat Pick-Up Times
During the reservation process, you (hopefully) selected a preferred pickup time. We will contact you to confirm your pickup time. Please respond to this e-mail with a preferred time if you did not select a preferred pickup time during your registration.
Plan to arrive no later than 15 minutes after your confirmed pickup time. We reserve the right to rent your boat to another customer if you have not arrived 45 minutes after your pickup time, and no refunds or credits will be offered.
What Is Included
Included with the rental of each boat are life jackets and paddles for each paddler, plus a whistle and a white light to satisfy Coast Guard requirements (you will also need to bring a flashlight; see below).
What To Wear and Bring
Bring a Photo I.D. You will not be allowed to pick up your rental unless you have a Photo I.D.
Bring one working flashlight per boat. The Coast Guard requires that all boaters carry a working flashlight. Otherwise, we will have flashlights available at a reasonable cost.
If it is very warm, you may be comfortable in shorts and a T-shirt. However, it gets significantly colder after the sun goes down, so bring a fleece, sweatshirt, or sweater in case you become chilled, and a windbreaker in case it's breezy.
If it's cooler, you will want clothing you can layer for warmth, including a top layer that will protect you from the wind. Jeans, sweatshirts, fleece sweaters, windbreakers or light parkas are good layering options.
If you wear glasses, a retaining strap is a good idea. Retaining straps can be purchased at our Newton Boathouse on Comm. Ave or at many sporting goods stores.
Boat Return Time and Return Location
All boats must be returned by 9:30pm on the night of your rental to your original pick-up point at the Blessing of the Bay Boathouse.
Your credit card number will be held as a deposit. If you do not pay by credit card, we will require a check or signed credit card imprint for the amount indicated on our off-site-rental web page
for the boat type you reserved.
Renters are responsible for repair costs for all structural damage. This includes deep scratches, chips, and gouges through the boat's finish. Deposits will be returned when you return your boat, so long as the boat is returned in good condition.
Alcohol is Prohibited
Because the safety of our customers is our top priority, consumption of alcoholic beverages at any point before or during your rental is not permitted. No refunds will be offered if we refuse to allow you to take a boat due to intoxication.
Directions and Check-In
Your class is scheduled to occur at our Somerville location at at the Blessing of the Bay Boathouse. Our web page includes a map and directions
Please check in at the desk when you arrive for your class. Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your class is scheduled to begin.